Table Topics Ideas for the Fall Season
Leaves are changing; temperatures are dropping, the kids are back in school, Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Winter is coming (wink to Game of Thrones fans). If you are looking to have a season-themed Table Topics session, here are some ideas to help you along:
Fall Table Topic Themes
- Have leaves (real or fake) with various fall colors in a bowl, have each leaf have a different question for your table topics session.
- Or use the color of the leaf and a word printed on the leaf to be the source of their story (ie. A red leaf, the word is “car”…now they have to tell a story about a red car.)
- Put various types Halloween candy in a bowl, and each candy refers to a pre-determined question or topic. The contestant gets to keep the candy after their speech. What did you dress up as for Halloween?
- Put various school supplies in a bookbag, and have each speaker select one. They then have to share a story about their schooling as it relates to the item. Other “back to school” questions:
- What was your favorite subject in school?
- What was your least favorite subject in school?
- What should they teach in school, but don't?
- Who was your favorite teacher?
- If you could do college all over again, would you change your major?
- Do you think school is necessary to succeed in today's world?
- What should everyone be required to learn in school?
Table Topic Questions for Autumn
- Do you like scary movies? Why or why not?
- Trick or Treat?
- What is your favorite fall holiday?
- Fall is the time for the baseball World Series, the start of the NBA season, as well as NCAA and NFL football, is in full swing. Certainly, a great time to be a sports fan!
- Have your speaker share what is their all-time favorite team and why?
- Who is their favorite athlete of all-time?
- What's your favorite sports event memory?
- What is the most tedious and/or the most exciting sport to watch?
- In the fall, we set our clocks back an hour. Have two speakers debate for and against why we should have daylight savings time.
- What would you do with an extra hour a day, every day?
- The fall season is the time when television brings out the best shows, here are some TV-related questions (you can also click on more television Table Topics):
- Ask your speaker to share what show they are looking forward to?
- Or have them share their most favorite show of all time?
- What show have you recently binged-watched?
- What show do they despise?
- Or have your speaker do a television commercial for a show of your choosing.
- Fall also brings about Pumpkin-spice everything! Have your speaker share their favorite (or most hated) pumpkin-spice product.
- Apple cider or pumpkin-spice latte or hot chocolate?
- Will you miss the summer more or looking forward to welcoming the fall?
- What event are you looking forward to this fall?
- Does the leaves changing make you happy or sad?
The fall season is when the leaves start to change color, and it starts getting a bit cooler. So grab your jacket, a warm drink, and sit around the fire and have fun with some fall table topics questions. Enjoy!
Grammarly proofread this post.