Table Topics Question Ideas for Thanksgiving
Thanksgiving is one of my favorite times of the year. It is the combination of many of things I love in my life: family, great food, drinks, and football! Thanksgiving provides the opportunity to reconnect with our loved ones and reflect on what we all have to be grateful. One way to get the conversation is to a do Table Topics around the Thanksgiving Table or have a Thanksgiving Table Topics at your Toastmasters meeting.
Table Topics Questions for Thanksgiving in case your brain is drowsy from all that turkey and stuffing!
- Have your guests state what they are most grateful for. (this year, in their lives, etc).
- Share your most favorite Thanksgiving dish.
- Share your least favorite Thanksgiving dish.
- Share ways how you can give back to the community or to those less fortunate.
- Get the wishbone from the turkey, have two guests split it and the winner shares what they wish for. The loser can also share what they would have wished for.
- Which political figure would you invite over for Thanksgiving dinner?
- Which celebrity would you invite over for Thanksgiving dinner?
- If you could have dinner with anyone living or dead, who would it be?
- If you can have one unconventional Thanksgiving food on the menu, what would it be? (eg. pizza)
- What’s the best gift you have ever received that you were really grateful for?
- What’s the best advice you’ve ever received that you were really grateful for?
- What’s one thing that you would love to do in your lifetime that no one knows?
- Black Friday/Cyber Monday: Wait in line or shop online?
- What item would you wait in line overnight on Black Friday if you were getting the deal of a lifetime and if money were no object?
- What is your favorite parade balloon from the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day parade?
- What character would you add to the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day parade?
- Besides food and football, what tradition would you institute for Thanksgiving Day from now on?
- Tell us your most memorable Thanksgiving memory.
- Go around the table and have everyone state one thing you may not know about them.
- Give us your most creative leftover idea.
- Which would you rather: Eat all your vegetables or do the dishes?
- Go around the table and have the guest say something nice about the person to their right.
- What’s the best book you’ve read and what made it so special?
- Share about a time when you had a need. How was it met?
- If you could meet your great great grandchildren what wisdom would you pass on to them. What would you want them to know?
Thanksgiving is the best time to rekindle and strengthen those relationships with friends and family. So put the phone down, break bread, and share some fun table topics questions to get the conversation going. And don’t forget: wine helps.
This post was proofread by Grammarly.