Table Topics Questions for the Family
With Family Table Topics, you can ask questions around the dinner table and establish strong family bonds. Learning about your loved ones' dreams, interests, fears, and more can go a long way in establishing ties that last forever.
During your next family dinner or vacation, try a family edition of Table Topics. Ask your family members questions that will have them sharing about themselves. Here are some questions to help you host a fun Table Topics session for the family.
Table Topics Questions – Family Edition
- What's the best piece of advice your parents have ever given you?
- What hobby would you be a lot of fun to get into with your entire family?
- What's the worst advice your parents have given you?
- What weird quirk did you pick up from your parents?
- If your family was famous, what would they be famous for?
- If somebody made a movie about your family, what genre would it be? Who would play your parents? Who would play you and your siblings?
- If you could be on a reality TV show with your brothers and sisters, which one would you choose and why?
- What's your best “my family is crazy” story?
- What food does your sibling love that you find a little odd?
- Who would you choose if you were left on a deserted island with either your father, mother, brother, sister, or no one? Why?
- What name would you pick if you could rename your brother/sister?
- Who is the funniest person in your family?
- What's the best or worst prank you've played on a family member?
- Would you rather be the funnier or more intelligent than your dad?
- Would you rather be the funnier or more intelligent than your mom?
- What would be his name and entrance theme song if your father was a professional wrestler?
Family Table Topics continued…
- How did you rebel against your parents growing up?
- What was something courageous you've seen your mom or dad do?
- Discuss your parents' tech savviness.
- What's one thing you don't know about your family history but would like to know?
- What is your father's gift or talent?
- What is your mother's gift or talent?
- What is your father's most used emoji?
- What is your mother's most used emoji?
- What are some of your favorite holiday traditions while growing up?
- What did your parents say would be important when you grew up but hasn't been?
- What was your best family vacation memory?
- What would be a dream family vacation?
- What language do you speak with your family?
- What's your favorite family tradition or holiday?
- What kind of physical activities do you like doing with your siblings?
- Describe your dad's favorite shirt.
- Do you consider your brother or sister intelligent or creative?
- What's the biggest adventure you've been on with your family?
- What's your dad's favorite sandwich, and why?
- What's the best sports event you've been to with family members?
- How well do you know your dad? How well do you know your mom?
More Table Topics for the Family
- What makes you feel old when you think about it?
- What's the most extended trip you've been on with your family?
- What's your favorite place of all the places you've traveled with your family?
- What sport would your family compete in if he were in the Olympics?
- Would you travel back in time to meet a younger version of your parents or to the future to meet your descendants?
- Describe the family car. What is your favorite memory in the family car?
- What would be the title of your family biography?
- Did your family throw good parties?
- What's the best prank played on you by your family?
- What card or board games do you like to play with your family?
- Who taught you how to drive?
- When and where were you happiest with your family?
- What do you consider your family's most significant achievement?
- Should parenting classes be mandatory for new parents?
- What do you do when you and your sibling get into a fight?
- Who comforts you on your bad days?
- Have you ever resented someone in your family? If so, why did they resent you?
- How old do you think is too old to have a baby?
- Have you ever had a surprise party that was a real surprise?
- Has your family ever been professionally photographed?
- Do you influence people more than they influence you?
- If you could ask one family member, alive or dead, only one question, what would you ask?
- Do you forgive and forget, forgive but not forget, or neither?
- Has a family member ever given you a “last chance,” and for what?
In conclusion, table topics are a great way to encourage meaningful and engaging conversations within the family. These topics can help to build stronger relationships, create a sense of connection, and foster open communication among family members. The topics provided in this list are meant to be a starting point, but feel free to expand upon them, add your personal touch or come up with your own topics specific to your family. Share some of your questions below! Remember that these conversations don't have to be limited to just dinnertime.
Grammarly proofread this post.
Yes! I want Bad Grammarian updates and promotions!
Yes! I want Bad Grammarian updates and promotions!